Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Nutella & Strawberry French Toast

I really wanted to buy a donut. It took all my will not to stop at the donut and coffee shop. 

I was hungry but kept thinking I can make French toast. I was really feeling lazy but thinking about the Nutella & strawberries made me hungrier and I know it's a quick meal to prepare since I'm only making 1 :) and I just LOVE Nutella...



INGREDIENTS:

2 Slices of bread
Fresh strawberries (I used 3)
Nutella hazelnut spread 
1 egg
Splash of milk 
Splash of vanilla
Dash of cinnamon powder
Pinch of salt
Powdered sugar for dusting 
Butter for pan

Sorry about not having measurements. Did I mention I was really hungry?! Hehe

DIRECTIONS:

Combine egg, milk, vanilla, salt, & cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk together & set aside. 


Spread Nutella on bread and place sliced strawberries on top. 


Dip sandwich in egg mixture:


Add butter to pan on medium heat and place sandwich in pan:


Cook on both sides until nicely browned. I lowered the heat and covered it. Being pregnant, I can't risk eggs being uncooked. 

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy with a cup of coffee. Much better than a donut!



No comments :

Post a Comment