Monday, April 21, 2014

Spinach & Sausage Breakfast Casserole

For some reason I've been craving a lot of different breakfast yummies... I'm pretty sure it has to do with the little baby baking in my oven. I really wanted to make a breakfast casserole for Easter morning but I didn't have the ingredients so I made French Toast roll ups! I went shopping and bought what I needed to make the breakfast casserole. It's nothing special. Eggs, Cheese, Spinach (this qualifies it as "healthy" haha), Sausage....


INGREDIENTS:

1 lb Sausage

1 5-10oz bag baby spinach (I actual bought regular but it doesn't matter)

7 Eggs

1 Cup Cheese (I used what I had - Mexican blend)

3 Stalks green onions, chopped

2 Roma tomatoes, diced

1/4 cup milk (optional)

Salt & Pepper to taste





DIRECTIONS:




Preheat oven at 375°

Sautee Spinach until wilted





Brown Sausage  & drain






Beat eggs with 1/4 cup milk. If you choose not to use milk, you might need more eggs. Season with salt and pepper


Grease (I used Pam Spray) a 7x11 baking pan
Place Spinach on bottom





Add Sausage





Then all the other goodness.... Cheese, Green Onions & Tomatoes





Pour Egg on top (as evenly as possible)
Gently mix with fork to coat everything with the eggs.





Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting. 







Serve with Sour Cream and Salsa.














No comments :

Post a Comment