Sunday, April 20, 2014

French toast roll up (Nutella & Strawberry jam)

I love French toast! It's so unhealthy but when I'm pregnant, I don't really care ;)

I've pinned a few of these French Toast roll ups on my board and decided to give it a try. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 8 slices of bread 
  • Filling (Nutella, peanut butter, jam, strawberries... Whatever!)
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon 
  • Butter for greasing pan


DIRECTIONS:

Mix eggs & milk in bowl & set aside. 

In another bowl, mix sugar & cinnamon & set aside. 

Cut edges off bread (I saved mine!)


Flatten bread using a roller (or whatever works)


Add filling and roll it up (seam side down will help hold it together). 

(Did you count my rolls?! Okay, you caught me. There's only 7. I have this thing... I don't like even numbers :P)

Grease pan with butter. 

Dip rolls in egg mixture and place in pan (seam side down)


Cook about 2 minutes each side (optional- and cook on other 2 sides just to get it browned)



Immediately roll it in sugar and cinnamon mix. 


Ohhhh so yummy!




Remember the edges?!?! I also dipped these in the egg mixture & gave it a toss in the sugar & cinnamon. There were plenty left! Yum!




No comments :

Post a Comment