Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pizza Casserole

My kids are picky so I thought I'd try making them a pizza casserole. They like pizza, so this should sound good to them, right? I hope they eat it! Logan loves to help so that may make it more exciting to eat!

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb Pasta (I used Rotini)
1 Jar of Pasta Sauce (I used Kirkland's Marinara sauce & a jar of pizza sauce)
1 lb of Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Pack Pepperoni
Grated Parmesan Cheese


DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven at 350 °

1. Cook Pasta according to package. Drain & cool with cold water.


2. Brown Sausages in a pan. We have always cautioned our son to stay away from the stove but I let him help for the first time. With supervision & a lower heat, he helped brown the sausages. I actually already browned it and just let him move the meat around... As I snapped a photo, he says "Send the picture to daddy to show him I'm helping!" He was so proud of himself.


3. Spray a 9x13 pan & start layering your casserole (I layered twice)

Sauce
Pasta
Sausage
Cheese





4. Repeat another layer. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top (I don't have a photo because I completely forgot about the parmesan cheese *SIGH*). 

5. Top off with Pepperoni. Did you notice I forgot the meat!?!?! Instead of taking the whole thing apart, we removed the pepperoni & added the sausage and then put the pepperoni back. All is good hehe



6. Cover with foil & bake at 350° for 20 minutes


7. Uncover & bake for another 15 minutes



I like to eat my pasta with Sriracha Sauce. Yep. Hot Sauce. Mmmmm :P 
And since I forgot about my parmesan cheese, you can be assured plenty of that will be sprinkled on top too! 

I love the plate I used. It's a cake stand I made for my Cake Smash Sessions. The base is a ice cream bowl from the Dollar Tree & the plate was on clearance at Target. (Check out how to make your own cake stand)


Connor approved!






Logan, not so much :(




No comments :

Post a Comment