Monday, April 13, 2015

Banana Chocolate Cake

I'm not sure what to call this because I brought it to work and everyone was calling it a brownie. ^_^ I guess it looks like brownies too! Does it really matter?


Anyway, we always have bananas left. Am I buying too much? Maybe... but then when I don't buy enough, I feel sad that I don't have any around to eat! Instead of making the Banana Crumb Muffins I love so much, I decided to try something else. I searched and searched but I really wanted easy and easy I found at this site. What I wanted was to make something using cake mix. I had a box of Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix. All this recipe uses is the mix, mashed bananas and a cup of chocolate chips. I have been in love with Ghirardelli's semi sweet chocolate chips. I use it in all the baking recipes that calls for chocolate chips. This only bakes for 25 minutes at 350°

INGREDIENTS:


Cake Mix
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Mashed Bananas (Over-riped)

DIRECTIONS:

1) Preheat oven at 350°

     Now....Mash bananas



2) Add bananas to cake mix and combine until mix is all wet (It will be thick)





3) Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and fold in.



4) Spread into a 9x13 greased pan





5) Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Let cool... I have to say I'm not in love with this but I like it and maybe with some tweaks, it will be much better!



No comments :

Post a Comment