Monday, May 12, 2014

Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce


Never mind that my wrapping skills are terrible and it looks crazy because it's still refreshing and tasty! You can roll whatever your heart desires... using different kinds of meat, shrimp or all vegetarian. 

INGREDIENTS:

1 pack vermicelli noodles
1 head leafy lettuce
1 pack bean sprouts
1 bunch Mint (leaves only)
1 bunch Cilantro
1 Vietnamese meat loaf
1 pack spring roll wrappers


SAUCE:

¾ cup water
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup hoisin sauce
3 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp cornstarch



Boil noodles according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to dry. 


Cut meat loaf. I like to cut it in half length wise and slice thin. 


Wash cilantro, lettuce, bean sprouts and mint and set aside. 


TO ASSEMBLE:

Fill large bowl (big enough to fit wrapper) with really HOT water. 

Dip wrapper in bowl of hot water and place it on a mat/plate. 


Add lettuce
Add noodles
Add bean sprouts, cilantro & mint leaves
Add meat

Roll.

Start with folding the bottom up. Fold sides in and continue rolling forward to seal. 



SAUCE:

My co worker gave me this recipe and I swore his tasted a lot better! 

Stir ingredients in small saucepan over low heat until thickens.  If it's too thick add little water at a time until you get to preferred consistency.  Add more hoisin sauce if you like it a little sweeter. 



I added more hoisin sauce than what the recipe calls for. And I had to use more water because it was too thick. I also added Sriracha! 




No comments :

Post a Comment