Monday, May 12, 2014

Chocolate Banana Bread

We were at the market and I grabbed a bundle of bananas. When we got home, my husband said "Oh, I grabbed a bundle of bananas too" so we ended up with too many bananas. I can only make so many smoothies.... Instead of freezing it, I decided to have my 4 year old son help make banana bread. I still can't believe he turns 4 today. It's bitter sweet. 

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup sugar
4 mashed bananas (about 1.5 cups) 
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups flour
1.5 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. 

Mash your bananas 


In a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, & oil. 



Pour in bananas and add vanilla.  



In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, & chocolate chips. Stir to combine. 


Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix (don't over mix). Logan asks "Why is it brown now mommy? Is it because of the yummy chocolate chips?" :)


Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray and pour in batter. 


Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. See the giant hole I put in it using a chopstick? Haha I never use toothpicks because it's so short!


Birthday boy approved!

No comments :

Post a Comment