Friday, December 20, 2013

Spicy Chicken Noodle Salad


This recipe is one of my favorites because I love that it's simple and it always seems to please the crowd (a plus!)

A good friend of mine gave me this recipe but of course, I tweaked it to my liking. 

This is for a "potluck serving size" so if you want to make 1 package of pasta, just cut the ingredients in half.

INGREDIENTS:

Salad:
- 2 lbs of angel hair pasta
- Shredded Rotisserie chicken breasts from a whole chicken (I buy mine already cooked at the market)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots 
- 2 bunches of chopped green onions 

Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Sesame Oil
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- Pepper Flakes (to taste- about 1 tsp)


DIRECTIONS:

1) Cook pasta according to package. Drain, rinse and let dry (if you don't wait for it to dry, your pasta will be watery).

2) Combine dressing ingredients & mix well. 

3) Add dressing to dry pasta and toss/mix/stir (just get it coated)

4) Add Chicken, green onions & carrots

I LOVE spicy foods so I always have extra pepper flakes to sprinkle on my plate. I try not to put too much in the dressing. It's easy to add more heat but you can't take it away!!! 

Enjoy!





No comments :

Post a Comment